Partnerships Sales Manager
About the Job
The Partnership Sales Manager is responsible for solicitation and execution of Advertising, Sponsorship, Activations, and Corporate Partnership sales for the Iowa Events Center all corporate sales for the Iowa Events Center (Wells Fargo Arena, Hy-Vee Hall, and Community Choice Convention Center) on behalf of Spectra Partnerships. The basic function of this position includes extensive sales, development, and servicing of corporate sponsorships while maintaining high levels of client service as well as collaborating with other departments on sight and Partnerships executive team to develop new strategic ways to generate and grow revenue to reach budget goals.
- Responsible for the prospecting, selling, cultivating, and maintaining of advertising and sponsorship partners.
- Responsible for client outreach, developing and making sales presentations on behalf of Spectra for cash and value in-kind partnerships
- Coordinate all aspects of sales solicitation process including account lists and tracking
- Responsible for creation/implementation of new ideas/opportunities that drive revenue
- Manage internal and external reporting to facility general manager and VP of Spectra Partnerships
- Achieving established sales goals and budgets set by you, Regional Vice President, Spectra Partnerships, and general manager of facility
- Creation of new client initiatives to better serve corporate partners
- Budget requirements and compliance
- Help in creation and development of sales presentation materials
- Attend weekly internal meetings and create reporting system for General Manager
- Completing and updating reporting and tracking systems
- Responsible for cultivating and building good working relationships with different personnel and departments within the facility (marketing, operations, accounting, box office, tenant team personnel) to ensure proper execution of Partnership agreements
- Ability to work events on nights, weekends, and holidays
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Spectra Partnerships and building General Manager
- Minimum of 5 years outside sales experience with extensive sponsorship sales experience; industry experience in sports, entertainment, or municipal marketing strongly preferred
- Candidate should possess strong leadership and organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced multi-task environment
- Bachelor's degree or beyond from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with data processing and Microsoft Office Applications (including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, and SharePoint)
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply