Operations Team Member
About the Job
The Operations Team Member is responsible to help with the setup/clean up of events as well as maintenance and up-keep of the venue. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, this position prepares the arena for events, including arranging chairs and tables and preparing ice and other athletic floors, and monitors and troubleshoots during the event to respond to malfunctions and other needs.
This position is based at our Ralston Arena. The Ralston Arena, also called the Ralston Sports and Event Center, is an arena located in Ralston, Nebraska, a suburb of Omaha, Nebraska. It serves as the home of the Omaha Lancers of the United States Hockey League and the Omaha Beef of Champions Indoor Football. It also served as home to the Omaha Mavericks NCAA Division I men's basketball team, representing the University of Nebraska Omaha, from its opening until the end of the 2014-15 season, with the school opening Baxter Arena for the 2015-16 season. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.ralstonarena.com/
- Installs and arranges floors, chairs, tables, lighting, stages, risers, and other equipment required for arena events.
- Performs routine maintenance activities, including painting, light carpentry, plumbing and related activities.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Some knowledge of a variety of building and other trades including electric, plumbing, small engine and carpentry.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools for the safe and effective maintenance and repair of arena facilities and equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow both oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, customers, vendors, promoters, and others using the Ralston Arena.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.