Operations Sup / Ice Technician
About the Job
The Operations Supervisor / Ice Technician supervises and directs the day-to-day operations of the facilities with significant focus on ice maintenance and preparation. The position provides leadership and direction to part-time staff about building policy and procedures.
- Oversees the operation of all event changeovers, i.e. concert floor, stage risers, chairs, and signs
- Performs routine to moderate tasks maintaining ice, facility floors, chairs, staging, risers, and other inventory as needed.
- Assign work activities, monitor work flow, identify and resolve common operational issues
- Maintain an accurate record keeping system for hazardous materials communication program
- Interacting with clients, serving their needs within the confines of state and local laws, and provides physical facility needs and performs custodial duties.
- Performs operation of machinery, included fork lifts, skid steer, tractor, and pick-up trucks.
- Review and coordinate and changeover work plan, facility maintenance and operations;
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Ability to learn ice rink preparation, maintenance and tear-down techniques, methods and practices.
- Ability to learn arena operations as they relate to building facilities, infrastructure and equipment maintenance, operations and repair.
- Skill in safely and effectively using Zamboni and ice-edger is preferred.
- Possess superior interpersonal and strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, handle multiple tasks at one time, meet deadlines
- Must be self-motivated with strong leadership abilities and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of operational equipment including but not limited to: Zamboni, forklift, pallet jacks, scrubbers, floor buffers, mechanical lifting devices, staging, retractable seating risers, basketball floors
- Ability to read and understand maintenance and instruction manuals, and other requirements as they relate to ice maintenance equipment and operations.
- Ability to follow written instruction, interpret AutoCAD drawings and blueprints
- Forklift certification is preferred
- Candidates must be able to follow orders explicitly, be capable of working as part of a team, and be able to work well with other individuals. Candidates should be able to work alone if required, and be able to complete tasks up to and including final clean up and putting tools and supplies back to their assigned storage areas.
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended number of days
- Other duties as assigned
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.