About the Job
This managerial position reports to the Director of Events & Operations and is responsible for assisting in the administration, planning, budgeting and direction for the operations of the Center including front and back of house services, technical services, information technology, conversion, custodial services, and equipment inventory control. Insures an effective and cost efficient program by controlling the Operations budget, and performs related day to day responsibilities as required.
Coordinates all elements of facility operations, in conjunction with the Director of Events & Operations, including budgeting, purchasing, directs the operation and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, custodial, grounds, sound, lighting, a/v equipment, tele-communications systems, security, smoke/fire detectors and traffic control.
- Assists Director of Events & Operations in the overall daily operation and maintenance of the facilities.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for all event changeovers; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures;
- Interview, select, train, coach, evaluate, and discipline part time staff. Position will deliver a termination with approval.
- Coordinate labor hours for operations staff and temporary workers. Report labor allocations to Director of Finance.
- Participate in the development and administration of the Operations budget; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary.
- Coordinate facility arrangements and monitor the work of contractors; including equipment rental and borrowing City equipment. Report any issues to Director of Events & Operations immediately.
- Ensure staff is working safely, efficiently and are aware of proper safety guidelines. Conduct monthly safety meeting.
- Order supplies and materials for maintenance programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies.
- Develop and maintain an accurate record keeping system; including equipment maintenance and inventory logs.
- Develop experience and working knowledge of tractors, skid steers, cleaning equipment, groundskeeping equipment, electrical, refrigeration, and plumbing.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in an operations position in arena, convention center or public assembly facility with knowledge of set up/housekeeping and event coordination including progressive supervisory responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college/university in a related field (Facility Management, Engineering, Sports Management, etc.) preferred; High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills required; including excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended number of consecutive days.
The Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center is currently undergoing a multi-million dollar reimagination which will make this facility in Downtown Waterloo the premier event destination in northeast Iowa. With over 40,000 square feet of event space the Convention Center is prepared to host just about any event that comes to the area. Learn more about the venue at www.5sullivanbrotherscc.com.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.