Operations Event Staff
Spectra Topeka, KS
About the Job
Performs facility set-ups, tear-downs, clean-up and routine building maintenance as scheduled. Light to moderate building maintenance is included in these requirements
- Performs routine to moderate tasks setting up facility inventory per instructions received from Operations Manager, Full Time
- Operations staff, on event work orders
- Assists with staffing events and interacts with clients in providing physical facility needs and custodial duties per event requirements
- Performs routine to moderate tasks maintaining facility floors, staging, risers, chairs, dasher boards, sport turf and other event inventory as needed.
- Performs moderate to difficult set-ups in livestock facilities and works around some livestock.
- Performs clean-up tasks after events, including but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, cleaning restrooms, dressing rooms, showers, and other backstage areas
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must possess basic communication skills to interact with show managers, vendors, and the general public and temporary and part-time help.
- Must have basic mathematical skills to assist in expediting physical facility inventory setups for events.
- Experience in operation of forklift, skid loader and boom lift or other equipment is preferred
- Ability to listen and follow directions explicitly, be capable of working well as a part of a team as well as alone
- May work in extreme heat or cold, and may work in dusty and enclosed environments. Irregular hours are required as dictated by events.
- Must be physically capable of heavy lifting up to 50 pounds
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.