About the Job
The Operations Coordinator performs the day-to-day operations of the facilities. The position provides leadership and direction to part-time staff about building policy and procedures.
This position is based at our Stormont Vail Events Center. The 80-acre site in the center of Topeka now known as the Stormont Vail Events Center has a long history of use for activities related to agriculture, farming, exhibitions, education and entertainment. Stormont Vail Events Center is a 10,000-seat multi-purpose arena built in 1987 in Topeka, Kansas. Landon Arena, named for Kansas' elder statesman, governor Alfred M. Landon (1887-1987) was built 1987. You can learn more about our venue here: https://www.stormontvaileventscenter.com/
- Performs event changeovers, i.e. basketball floor, stage risers, chairs, and signs
- Performs routine to moderate tasks maintaining livestock arena, exercise arena, stall barn, facility floors, chairs, staging, risers, and inventory as needed.
- Oversees housekeeping services for the facilities
- Assign work activities, monitor workflow, identify and resolve common operational issues
- Maintain an accurate record keeping system for hazardous materials communication program
- Interacting with clients, serving their needs within the confines of state and local laws, and provides physical facility needs and performs custodial duties.
- Performs moderate to difficult set-ups in livestock facilities and works around some livestock.
- Performs operation of machinery, including forklifts, skid steer, tractor, and pick-up trucks.
- Review and coordinate and changeover work plan, facility maintenance and operations
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Valid Kansas Driver's License is required
- Possess superior interpersonal and strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, handle multiple tasks at one time, meet deadlines
- Must be self-motivated with strong leadership abilities and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of operational equipment including but not limited to forklift, pallet jacks, scrubbers, floor buffers, mechanical lifting devices, staging, retractable seating risers, basketball floors
- Ability to follow written instruction, interpret AutoCAD drawings and blueprints
- Forklift certification is preferred
- Candidates must be able to follow orders explicitly, be capable of working as part of a team, and be able to work well with other individuals. Candidates should be able to work alone, be able to complete tasks up to and including final clean up and putting tools and supplies back to their assigned storage areas.
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) workday and extended number of days
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.