About the Job
The Office Manager is responsible for managing a full range of accounting operations, including but not limited to, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll reporting and GL entries. Responsible for performing month end closing work, account reconciliations, and profit statement reporting to management. Position safeguards company assets, and provide data and fiscal support to other departments within the company.
This position is based at our Jungle Island. Jungle Island is a world renowned Miami icon providing experiences to guests of all ages since 1936. The park is undergoing a radical transformation, reinventing itself as Miami's call to adventure, combining a vibrant jungle landscape, extraordinary animals from around the globe and an array of thrilling outdoor adventure attractions. Jungle Island will provide an unmatched array of opportunities for adventure, discovery and play. You can learn more about our venue here: https://www.jungleisland.com/
- Oversee all accounting functions for the Food & Beverage Department including accounting practices for quality control; accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general accounting, clerical, file management and archiving functions.
- Responsible for overseeing the work and productivity of part time Cash Room Attendants including hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, discipline.
- Submit bi-weekly payroll to corporate Finance Department for processing. Prepare timely payroll expense reports, event / labor cost summaries, benefit calculations / recording, and payroll journal entries.
- Provide accounting support to company departments. Reconcile sales reports prior to month end postings. Oversee document coding.
- Collect data from multiple sources and generate reports of Food & Beverage's event operating results to Venue Management team and corporate Finance Dept. Includes generating P&L's, franchise season reports, catering activity recaps and sales reports. Perform month end closing, reconciliations and entries.
- Safeguard company assets through close monitoring of accounting procedures; conduct audits as needed. Reconcile bank deposits to sales reports, inventory levels, payroll reporting, A/P and A/R activities.
- Prepare current workbooks containing financial information by event type. Supervise preparation of NFP reports by event, and payroll reporting by event types.
- Assist with company vault functions and audits.
- Prepare current workbooks containing financial information by event type. Supervise preparation of NFP reports by event and payroll reporting by event types.
- Maintain highest level of strict confidentiality on highly sensitive, private and/or proprietary information, without exception. Requires the highest moral and ethical standards with regard to access and use of company files, reports and systems.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Four or more years' experience in an accounting position with increasing level of oversight and responsibility.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of payroll and tax issues, basic knowledge of employment law.
- Advanced proficiency with computers in a Windows platform including Microsoft applications, accounting/payroll/HRIS systems. Experience Solomon, ADP and/or Ceridian a plus. Extensive experience preparing accurate spreadsheets and reports.
- Consistent and reliable attention to detail, accuracy and validity.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment. Must work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to successfully interact and collaborate all team members professionally and supportively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to delegate tasks as required.
- Must adhere to the highest standards of ethics, integrity, professionalism and discretion. Ability to execute solid management decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours as required including evenings and weekends due to the event-driven business.
- Represent the company with vendors, corporate, clients, employees, volunteers, etc.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.