About the Job
This position will work with the General Manager at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts to oversee all facility marketing initiatives, while creating and maintaining relationships with media and promotional partners. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for branding, advertising, media buying, promotions, public relations, interactive initiatives and reporting, and grassroots efforts for events as assigned.
- Assume management responsibility for all services and activities of the Marketing Department including the media placement for all events (concerts, family shows, and outdoor events) deemed necessary.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of all marketing programs and activities
- Plan, direct, coordinate all marketing activities related to all events held at the venue.
- Manage, maintain and engage patrons on all forms of social media.
- Oversee the development of all facility advertising and marketing materials.
- Participate on a variety of committees; attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of sales and marketing.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Assist in developing marketing plans and strategies for events exercising sound judgment
- Update website content, marquee and in-house address systems (including flyers, posters, TV)
- Create collateral materials such as print ads, promotional pieces, posters, schedules, calendars and various ticket brochures from concept to completion
- Design and manage e-mail campaigns as well as all online/print calendar listings
- Research projects/upcoming shows.
- Implement marketing plans including creation of advertising materials, media buying, promotions, grassroots, and public relations for events
- Negotiate, close, and implement media and promotional agreements for Sandler Center events.
- Maintain and create detailed media budgets, settlement reconciliations, and recap summaries for facility events.
- Coordinate marketing efforts between promoters, artist management and local media.
- Develop and implement media drop and public relations campaigns.
- Assist in developing new marketing programs and initiatives to maximize ticket sales such as third party partnerships, new media avenues.
- Development and implement annual marketing goals, objectives, policies and priorities
- Actively promote and market the Sandler Center as a destination for world-class arts and music.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related field
- Strong leadership, work ethic, organizational and computer skills required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Creative and proactive problem solver
- Ability to travel as required
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.