About the Job
Spectra is seeking a creative, dynamic individual with marketing and/or communications experience to help drive strategic vision and implementation of awareness and revenue driving campaigns for the Iowa Events Center. The preferred candidate for Marketing Manager is a motivated team member who can manage and motivate members of the marketing team to drive innovation, data-driven decisions and community awareness initiatives. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and be an integral part of promoting the Iowa Events Center as a destination for meetings and events while working with promoters to drive ticket sales and attendance.
- Develop, Implement, and manage Iowa Events Center marketing and communications goals and objectives
- Assist in strategy, planning and implementation of the Iowa Events Center internal/external communications plan to drive community and industry awareness of our facility on a local, regional, and national level.
- Manage the department's Internship Program, from recruitment and hiring to training and relationship management post-internship.
- Assist Director of Marketing on department vision, budget, and goals and manage the implementation.
- Collaborate with other departments on their initiatives as they relate to marketing and communications.
- Develop marketing and PR campaigns to promote ticket sales and awareness of events held at Wells Fargo Arena and our Convention Centers.
- Maintain working relationships with various promoters, show producers, and local media
- Drive innovation regarding the Iowa Evens Center's digital marketing strategy, inclusive of social media, podcasts, database marketing, video, and website presence.
- Understand and use analytics and data in decision making
- Negotiation and Placement of traditional and non-traditional advertising, inclusive of radio, TV, print, digital, and out of home
- Analyze challenges and opportunities, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions; present recommendations to Director of Marketing; implement approved recommendations in support of organizational objectives.
- Manage event day activities including, but not limited to: pre-event and on-site promotions, meet and greets, media availability, and venue social media presence
- Track, analyze and compare event ticket sales information and suggest improvements to reach goals.
- Maintain adherence to facility branding guidelines in all activities in verbal and written communications and graphics.
- Work with Advertising and Premium Seating departments to identify, maintain, and coordinate advertising/sponsorship opportunities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with community partners through networking groups, non-profits, and philanthropic partnerships.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration or other related field
- Minimum of four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in sales and/or marketing, preferably with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising/sponsorship program development
- Working knowledge of Public Relations and practices
- Strong understanding of social media, web-based advertising and website maintenance
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, graphic design, PowerPoint and Internet software; including familiarity with publishing software such as Microsoft Publisher, Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity and experience with media negotiations and promotions.
- Knowledge of Contact Management Systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to formulate creative and original promotional ideas
- Experience with writing press releases and marketing plans
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Exemplary customer service skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended numbers of days
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.