About the Job
The responsibilities are to comply with the daily orders of the Sports Turf Manager and Assistant Manager pertaining to game and/or practice field maintenance and operations, which may include soccer, football, rugby, lacrosse, and concert events. This position will at times require moving from stadium operations to practice field and grounds maintenance.
This position is based at our Talen Energy Stadium. Talen Energy Stadium, a state-of-the-art 18,500-seat Major League Soccer stadium, serves as home to Philadelphia Union. A multipurpose facility that has features 29 luxury suites, a full-service club restaurant and a built-in concert stage, Talen Energy Stadium is the ideal destination for any type of event. Since opening its doors on June 27, 2010, Talen Energy Stadium has hosted various collegiate soccer games, the "Battle of the Blue" featuring Villanova University and University of Delaware football, USA Sevens Collegiate Rugby Championship, three installments of Army-Navy Cup, NCAA Division I Men's Lacrosse Quarterfinals and the 2012/2014 Big East Soccer Championship. In 2016, the stadium will host the Women's NCAA DI and DIII Lacrosse Championships, Army-Navy Cup V, and USA Sevens Collegiate Rugby Championship for a fifth year, among other events. You can learn more about our venue here: https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/stadium
- Perform daily responsibilities of game field at Talen Energy Stadium and practice site that include mowing, irrigation, cultural turfgrass practices, pesticide applications, field painting, equipment operation and maintenance.
- Scout game field, stadium, and exterior grounds for problems and report issues to stadium management.
- Assure the necessary event equipment (goals, benches, etc.) is set up and in good working condition.
- Assist in the seasonal maintenance of the equipment fleet and ensure the proper maintenance is performed as needed in a timely manner.
- The department may require holiday, weekend and evening work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred college student with a focus in a Turf Management/Horticulture major or related field.
- Must be able to work independently along with adapting to varied working crews.
- Ability to work effectively in small or large groups, many times unaccompanied.
- Strong work ethic, time management, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting 50lbs, climbing stairs, ladders, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.