Food Service Worker
About the Job
The Food Service Worker prepares and serves concession items to guests. Prepares and pours beverages and serves them to guests. Ensures quality of food presentation. Assists the concessions team as needed. Must be able to maintain excellent attendance in accordance with the attendance policy.
This position is based at our Macon Centreplex. The Macon Centreplex is a multi-purpose arena and in Macon, Georgia. It was home to the Macon Whoopee (ECHL), Macon Whoopee (CHL) and Macon Trax ice hockey teams and also the Macon Knights arena football team until 2006. It is home to the Macon Mayhem, a minor-league hockey team in the Southern Professional Hockey League. This venue seats up to 7,182 for hockey and arena football and up to 9,252 for concerts. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.maconcentreplex.org/
- Responsible for maintaining stock and supply levels, and communicating to the Concessions Stand Manger of low stock items.
- Listening and responding to customer requests or concerns
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work space including but not limited to disposal of garbage & cleaning dishes.
- Serve beverages to guests including alcoholic beverages responsibly. Must check guest's ID in accordance with state/federal regulations to verify minimum age requirement for purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be 18 or over
- Three or more months' experience in food service industry preferred
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to learn to handle cash and learn to operate a cash register and corresponding system
- Excellent interpersonal skills & a friendly, positive attitude with co-workers, managers, volunteers & guests.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.