Food & Beverage Utility Team Member
About the Job
The F&B Utility Team Member assists in back of house and front of house operations of the F&B department. Areas of focus include providing barback services and assisting with the dish room, trash removal, and other stewarding duties. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
- Ensures highest sanitation levels for all items previously used so that they may be used again in clean condition, free of any contamination risk.
- Utilizes and implements M.S.D.S. criteria, food and product safety, and Food and Beverage Policies and Procedures.
- Removes all trash and maintains loading and receiving areas in safe and clean condition.
- Stocks plates, glasses, pots, utensils and pans after cleaning.
- Cleans and sanitizes all food service areas and equipment.
- Assists bartenders with preparing, setting up, stocking, and maintaining bars.
- Assists with ensuring inventory of products is properly stored, inventoried, and distributed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, management staff and guest in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate and alcohol service permit if required by state and federal regulations.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to product inventory.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume bar capacity is preferred.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply