About the Job
The Event Staff is the primary contact with the guests attending events at the facility. Required to have knowledge of the building and its services to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the building patrons.
This position is based at the Heart of Oklahoma Expo Center in Shawnee, OK. The 52 acre complex is only 40 minutes from the intersection of I-40 and I-35, the crossroads of America, and includes an outdoor arena seating 7,500, a 19,200 square feet indoor arena seating 1k, 152,400 square feet of total exhibit space, 366 50-amp full hook up RV sites, and four comfort stations containing showers, washers, dryers and restrooms. We also have 133 additional 50-amp spaces and 296 additional 30-amp spaces with water and electric only.
- Be familiar with ticketing, seating locations, procedures, and building policies
- Able to handle large groups of guests
- Maintain control of assigned sections or area
- Anticipate and correct any trouble situations
- Know general building information and locations of various amenities
- Ensure areas are safe for patrons and staff
- Monitor alcohol consumption and related issues
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patrons
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to manage high stress situations
- Able to be on feet for long periods of time
- Able to work a variety of events including ag events, family shows, sporting events, and loud concerts
- Must have a pleasant and outgoing personality
- Must be friendly, courteous and polite with a positive attitude
- Experience in customer service preferred
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.