Event & Security Staff
About the Job
This position is based at our Macon Centreplex. The Macon Centreplex is a multi-purpose arena and in Macon, Georgia. It was home to the Macon Whoopee (ECHL), Macon Whoopee (CHL) and Macon Trax ice hockey teams and also the Macon Knights arena football team until 2006. It is home to the Macon Mayhem, a minor-league hockey team in the Southern Professional Hockey League. This venue seats up to 7,182 for hockey and arena football and up to 9,252 for concerts. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.maconcentreplex.org/
- Courteously and professionally provide customer assistance
- Perform Security patrols, control entry and exit points, maintain alcohol perimeters, de-escalate volatile situations, direct patrons etc.
- Recognize conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards, observe and report
- Inspect bags for prohibited Items upon guest entry
- Preserves order and may act to enforce building policies
Must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate performance of essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using come other combination of skills and abilities.
- High Schools Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities
- Must have the ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function independently as well as part of a team and make decisions in a fast paced high pressure environment , while remaining calm and flexible in times of stress
- Required to maintain good judgement and confidentiality in certain matters
- This job description is subject to change
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.