About the Job
The Event Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Events in overseeing all aspects of the events taking place at the Heart of Oklahoma Expo Center including developing, coordinating, and supervising all event-related activities key to the operation of the facility. Duties include clear communication between facility users and staff members, collection and distribution of event information, customer service representation to guests, billing preparation/support, maintaining security staffing plans, labor management and logistics of all activities relating to events - all while maintaining a safe and enjoyable environment for guests.
This position is based at the Heart of Oklahoma Expo Center in Shawnee, OK. The 52 acre complex is only 40 minutes from the intersection of I-40 and I-35, the crossroads of America, and includes an outdoor arena seating 7,500, a 19,200 square feet indoor arena seating 1k, 152,400 square feet of total exhibit space, 366 50-amp full hook up RV sites, and four comfort stations containing showers, washers, dryers and restrooms. We also have 133 additional 50-amp spaces and 296 additional 30-amp spaces with water and electric only.
- Communicate all event information to appropriate departments and staff
- Assist event staff with and resolve patron issues
- Proactively monitor patrons and event staff for the safety of the event
- Monitor key areas during ingress and egress at various times during event
- Assist the Director of Events in event preparations prior, during, and after events
- Assist in event scheduling, prospecting, and relationship building with clients
- Must be friendly, courteous and polite with a positive attitude
- Experience in customer service preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work flexible and sometimes demanding schedules (including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours)
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in Customer Service and Event Services
- Ability to manage time constraints and high stress situations with professional demeanor and positive attitude, ability to multi-task
- Ability to be on feet for long periods of time, ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Excellent ability to communicate via phone, email, radio and in-person with facility staff, clients, and patrons.
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.