About the Job
The Fieldhouse Event Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the events taking place at GreenState Family Fieldhouse including developing, coordinating, and supervising all event-related activities key to the operation of the facility. Duties include clear communication between facility users and staff members, collection and distribution of event information, customer service representation to guests, billing preparation/support, maintaining security staffing plans, labor management and logistics of all activities relating to events - all while maintaining a safe and enjoyable environment for guests.
This position is based at the Xtream Arena & GreenState Family Fieldhouse. The 5,100 seat multi-purpose Xtream Arena is called home by the University of Iowa Women's Volleyball team. The 32,000 sq ft GreenState Family Fieldhouse is home to 5 hardwood courts primarily used for basketball and volleyball. The Xtream Arena and GreenState Family Fieldhouse is owned by the community development corporation ArenaCo and managed by Spectra Venue Management. The Xtream Arena and GreenState Family Fieldhouse are currently under construction and scheduled to open in August 2020. You can learn more about our venue here: www.xtreamarena.com
- Communicate all event information to appropriate departments and staff
- Assist event staff with and resolve patron issues
- Proactively monitor patrons and event staff for the safety of the event
- Monitor key areas during ingress and egress at various times during event
- Assist the Fieldhouse Director in event preparations prior, during and after events
- Assist in event scheduling, prospecting, and relationship building with clients
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work flexible and sometimes demanding schedules (including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours)
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in Customer Service and Event Services
- Intellectual/Social Demands: Ability to manage time constraints and high stress situations with professional demeanor and positive attitude, ability to multi-task
- Physical Demands: Able to be on feet for long periods of time, ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Communication Skills: Excellent ability to communicate via phone, email, radio and in-person with facility staff, clients, and patrons.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.