Director Of Sales & Marketing
About the Job
The Director of Sales & Marketing is a proactive business leader who is responsible for aggregating, analyzing and segmenting key data points that maximize the return on investment of our brand including web, customer service and social media metrics. This position will inspire and foster communications between business development, marketing, ticketing, public relations and others to facilitate the strategic growth of Spectra. The role is an individual contributor that will have multiple stakeholders and teammates in producing significant momentum.
- Identify, develop and evaluate sales & marketing strategy, based on knowledge of established objectives, industry trends, and market characteristics including expansion of digital channels through customer engagement.
- Enhance existing sales and promotional initiatives and develop new marketing programs to maximize ROI such as third-party partnerships, new media avenues, creative new revenue streams etc.
- Participate in the development and implementation of annual sales & marketing goals, objectives, and management of departmental budget for sales, marketing and box office.
- Direct the hiring and training of sales & marketing staff members and oversee their daily activities in accordance with company policy and addressing complaints and resolving problems as needed.
- Directs and assists managers in preparing and attaining future goals.
- Prepares required reports accurately and submits them on time.
- Negotiate contracts with promoters, event organizers, media and promotion partners.
- Create, plan and implement repeatable revenue generating concepts and processes.
- Interpret the venue customer experience to be measured.
- Responsible for measuring, reporting and achieving performance against agreed upon service levels and ROIs.
- Serve as press contact, write and distribute all press releases.
- Create corporate collateral materials such as print and digital ads, promotional pieces, posters, schedules, calendars and various brochures from concept to completion.
- Manage and coordinate all sales, marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
- Research, analyze and monitor industry factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
- Plan and oversee Spectra's advertising and promotion activities including print, electronic, and digital outlets. This includes full-cycle production including but not limited to writing all ad copy; working with outside advertising agencies on ongoing projects; working with graphic designers and printers to oversee design, layout and production of promotional materials.
- Develop self-produced revenue generating events.
- Recommend changes in basic structure and organization of sales & marketing group to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives assigned to it and provide the flexibility to move swiftly in relation to marketing problems and opportunities.
- Create social media campaigns to engage customers, vendors, sponsors and community, collect data and generate awareness for new items and specials.
- Standardize reporting of digital marketing campaigns using Google Analytics to track revenue and KPIs.
- Provide thought leadership, data analysis, and strategic focus to our marketing communications, customer experience strategies and brand management.
- Maintain knowledge of trends/best practices and influence the business, project teams and peer groups to constantly innovate and align around an integrated strategy.
- Leverage strong research and analytical skills analyze data and inform management on key perceptions and trends to drive strong decision making.
- Drive the completion key deliverables with strong attention to time, quality, impact and style.
- Partner with web development team to direct site features, design and goals focusing on customer engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or better from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, public relations, business administration or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in sales and/or marketing required, preferably with a fast-paced arena, theater, convention center, amphitheater, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct supervisory experience at the Manager/Supervisor level.
- Experience with budgeting.
- Experience in contract implementation, including facility use license agreements, technical riders, service agreements, and event management desired.
- Proficiency with media buying and promotions.
- Ability to work with wide array of client groups, vendors and business partners enterprise-wide.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges using website analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to project a professional manner and appearance, and communicate effectively with clients, senior management, staff and the general public.
- Digital expertise with various channels including website optimization, social media, and data acquisition.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, graphic design, PowerPoint and Internet software.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an internal motivation that inspires others to think more and do more.
- Creativity skills that inspire brand loyalty.
- Innovator with increasing per caps and generating profitability.
- A passion for building success that can be measured with data.
- A results-driven leader who thinks in terms of ROI.
- Demonstrated experience influencing peers and leadership teams.
- Ability to operationalize a strategy.
- Flexible skill set that can be applied across a variety of relationships/situations.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in convention sales, ticket sales, graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.