Director Of Food & Beverage
Spectra Thackerville, OK
About the Job
The Director of Food and Beverage plans, directs and leads the organization, management, and administration of all operational aspects of the Food and Beverage Department.
- Provide leadership and support to management and direct reports within the Food and Beverage Department. Holds key position on the executive management team.
- Responsible for upholding Spectra Food Services & Hospitality integrity and standards for quality and service; establish and ensure completion of operational priorities.
- Produce and manage annual budgets; support all food and beverage profit and operational improvement. Reviews weekly, monthly and quarterly financial statements with department managers and Executive Director.
- Implement effective controls for food, beverage and labor costs among all departments.
- Achieve and exceed financial, guest service, and associate metrics goals.
- Identify and assist in resolution of operational deficiencies, deviations and variances to standards Assist with menu engineering, procurement efficiencies, sales enhancements, productivity improvement and concept reinvention.
- Ensure departments develop and implement schedules for the operation of all restaurants and bars to achieve ultimate products and services with a profitable result.
- Continuously evaluates performance and encourages improvement of all food and beverage team members.
- Oversee departmental training, mentoring and success coach programs to develop well-trained team members at all levels of the operation.
- Ensure quality standards and service are maintained for People, Product, Process (and compliance), Projects, and Profit.
- Provides assistance and instruction to team members and makes routine hiring decisions.
- Communicates daily with management, other department heads and team members to ensure proper operating procedures are in compliance.
- BA or BS with culinary major, or degree from nationally recognized culinary school.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in restaurant, multi-outlet experience. Preferably in a hotel environment.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- Working knowledge of Stratton Warren, MICROS, preferred.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP), Liquor Liability and Control Management Certification, and other required compliance trainings.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid gaming license from the State Gaming Agency and Tribal Gaming Office prior to beginning work and must renew annually.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.