About the Job
Under the general supervision of the Director or Operations/Maintenance, the Custodian Supervisor has the primary responsibility
to assist management in maintaining or improving cleanliness quality through inspections, training and employee accountability, including employee counseling or disciplining. Supervisors must build upon established employee or customer relationships, improve employee morale, and help develop subordinates on a continuous basis.
The Centene Ice Center is a 4-sheet ice complex, with three indoor and one outdoor NHL-sized rinks which will serve as a hub of youth and amateur sports activity and as a place where the community can come together. It will be the official training and practice facility for the St Louis Blues and home to other local hockey programs, including Lindenwood University, the St Louis Blues Alumni, AAA Blues, and the Lady Cyclones. In addition to hockey and skating programs, games and tournaments, the outdoor rink will convert to a 5,000-seat concert venue and will also be used for community events and programming. You can learn more about the venue here: www.CenteneCommunityIceCenter.com
- Conduct daily inspections for quality and safety. Report necessary corrections
- Understand all employee work assignments
- Conduct training and retraining as necessary. Follow recommended training process.
- Maintain effective business relationship with staff. Build upon and develop employee satisfaction and knowledge.
- Enforce department policies, follow up on daily assignments.
- Control supply inventories and distribute equipment effectively.
- Supervise equipment performance and make necessary corrections.
- Observe and report the need of furniture or other building fixtures repairs.
- Complete custodial work assignments and perform all duties assigned
- In case of emergency, perform all duties as assigned.
- Confer daily with Director of Operations / Maintenance Manager to review and receive assignments.
- Daily custodial duties including cleaning of public spaces, offices, locker rooms, restrooms, exterior grounds, etc.
- Work with basic cleaning chemicals to clean public spaces
- Operate an assortment of equipment including buffers/burnishers, walk behind scrubbers, blowers, vacuums, snow removal equipment and others as needed.
- Be a key player in keeping facilities clean & beautiful by regularly checking public spaces
- Note and report any building components in need of repair.
- Assist other department personnel as deemed necessary.
- Carry a radio to communicate needs of events with other personnel.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
- Must be 18 years of age, or older
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have availability to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to operate from a routine checklist which will include, dusting, sweeping and mopping floors, emptying trash, restocking, cleaning glass, and operating cleaning equipment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on events, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to follow basic instruction and direction
- Ability to perform general labor including setting of tables and chairs, building stages, setting pipe and drape, detail cleaning, exterior maintenance, snow removal, painting, etc.