About the Job
The Cook is responsible for preparing menu items utilizing cooking equipment in a fast-paced environment. The Cook must adhere to high food quality standards to ensure guest satisfaction. Portion control, food waste and sanitation are additional areas that the Cook must be aware of while operating in the kitchen.
This position is based at our Regency Furniture Stadium. Regency Furniture is home to the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs! The ballpark offers a full range of family friendly features and attractions, including a large catered picnic area overlooking the field and a fantastic amusement area for kids of all ages. The ballpark also serves as a multipurpose facility by accommodating football, soccer, lacrosse and other sporting events. Our concessions and catering offer a mouth-watering variety of snacks and beverages, including many local favorites. You'll find everything from traditional ballpark treats to gourmet cuisine. Old-fashioned bleacher seats are a thing of the past. Regency Furniture Stadium features approximately 4,200 reserved seats, with comfortable armrests and seat backs. Or, bring a blanket or lawn chair and watch the action from the grass berms around the outfield. All seats are very close to the action. You can learn more about our venue here: https://www.visitmaryland.org/listing/attraction/regency-furniture-stadium
- Responsible for cooking and packaging food product which is prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Receives verbal orders from the front counter staff for food product requirements for guest orders.
- Responsible for maintaining quality and production standards on all menu items. Food must be fresh and of high quality when served to the guests.
- Responsible for portion control and serving temperatures of all products served in the concession stand.
- Responsible for cleaning, stocking and restocking of workstations and displays.
- Responsible for operating large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers and ovens.
- Ensures that all work areas and equipment are clean, food products are properly stored, utensils are clean and put away and floor is swept and mopped at end of shift. The Cook must be checked out before ending the shift by the Floor Supervisor to ensure the concession stand meets cleanliness standards.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate if required by state and federal regulations.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.