About the Job
The Catering Manager provides support and assistance with Catering activities as well providing assistance to the concession managers in the profitable management of concessions operations, as needed. The Catering Manager will independently initiate and authorize all employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension, discipline, promotion and transfer. The Catering Manager will actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.
The Catering Manager will provide oversight and resolution responsibility for employee performance issues. The Catering Manager must provide a high level of event oversight, technical proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running of any assigned event. A critical function of the Catering Manager will be to actively mentor, train and help employees and volunteers meet company quality standards. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which to evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong technical (computer and POS) aptitude required.
- Assists in the overall effective management of Catering and Concessions operations.
- Ensures total compliance with all alcohol service policies. Monitors alcohol service throughout event to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies. Reports any alcohol service or compliance issues to management immediately.
- Provides on-going direction, supervision and mentoring to hourly event staff. Monitor product quality and ensure high level of guest service.
- Assists in troubleshooting technical problems with Point of Sale Systems, from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Assists in vault opening, closing and balancing, as necessary.
- Generates event employee schedules and verifies employee time as required.
- Assist in the on-going training, development, mentoring and supervision of hourly employees, as directed by department managers; responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice.
- Assist in the management of catered events from set-up to tear down, including handling all communication with hourly staff, culinary staff and guests.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Concessions Manager Certificate from the National Association of Concessionaires.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- Familiar with inventory cost control and menu planning.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook, Schedule+.
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Cash handling abilities; basic math skills including significant number manipulation.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
SALARY RANGE: $52K - $55K
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.