About the Job
The Benefits Coordinator will assist in day to day benefits administration for group insurances including, education, enrollment escalations, billing and status changes and payroll deduction processing. In addition, s/he will facilitate HR administrative functions for all Spectra U.S. locations.
- Maintain benefits information on IntraSpect portal,
- Process vendor file uploads as needed
- Day-to-day administration, compliance and communication of health & welfare, retirement and compensation plans in accordance with company policies, philosophies and strategies.
- Ensures complete confidentiality and security of personal employee information, including enrollment and compensation information, etc.
- Assist Benefits Specialist with group benefits program administration for all Spectra employees.
- Track and respond to benefit escalation questions from Vendors and HR Business Partners with guidance from Director and Specialist as needed.
- Track HIPAA training completion and training update requirements for identified employees
- Under Director of Benefits guidance, serve as point of contact for all leave of absence escalations, administration, and claims process. Review LOA process and leave cases for compliance with policies and programs, and coordinate with HR Business Partners as needed for leave exhaustion/termination steps. Prepare LOA timeline for legal documentation review as needed.
- Notify Payroll of employee leave status changes and process weekly retroactive benefit deductions
- Assist with U.S. benefits communication needs, including mail merges and site training if necessary.
- Maintain summary plan description records and associated forms, documents and communications.
- Coordinate benefits education pieces with Benefits Specialist and Vendor Partners and publish prepared quarterly benefits articles to IntraSpect Portal with Director approval
- Assist Benefits Specialist with 401(k) loan administration and 401(k) portal corrections.
- Assist Director of Benefits and Benefits Specialist in completion of annual 401(k) Audit and assist with annual compliance filings as needed
- Process and track monthly invoices sent to Accounting team for benefit vendor payment.
- Conduct Benefit Orientation for new employees in person or via Webex as needed.
- Process benefit termination and arrears calculations for terminations.
- Process life insurance claims and assist beneficiaries in claims process as needed.
- Assist in Open Enrollment Process including system testing, communications preparation and site education as needed.
- Maintain subsidy logs for COBRA. Audit quarterly COBRA enrollment
- Coordinate Life and LTD conversion notices for terminated employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires 1-2 years of experience in benefits, leave of absence administration or HR process administration
- 1-2 years' experience with ADP reporting required
- General knowledge of benefits and compensation laws and regulations (ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, Medicare, ACA, HSA, , and Department of Labor FLSA regulations).
- General understanding of FMLA, workers compensation, USERRA, ADAAA and other applicable leave of absence legislation.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent mathematical, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work remotely as needed and manage workload and projects assigned in a timely manner required
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters related to employee benefits and compensation.
- PHR or GBA certification preferred
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.