About the Job
Apply today and work tomorrow! Fine dining servers needed for special events at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center located at 1101 Lincoln St. Columbia, South Carolina. Training provided for those with limited background. Must have a professional appearance to accommodate high-end clientele. Excellent customer service and a great attitude are required and you must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Weekend availability is a plus! Starts as part-time then can lead to full-time. All servers must pass a company background check. Please call 803-394-1651 for more details. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AND BECOME PART OUR WINNING TEAM!!
- Set up for events by putting out tablecloths and place settings, arranging table placement and setting up a buffet
- Carrying plates of food on trays and serving guests
- Keep glasses filled; remove each round of plates and replenish utensils
- Perform cleaning tasks and breakdown of service
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous waitress, waiter or banquet server experience requires
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Excellent customer service skills
- A black catering jacket will be provided for all employees. A banquet server MUST provide these items for a complete Spectra uniform: black pants, black belt, black socks and black shoes.
- Frequently walking with some standing at times, possibly extended distances; ability to bend and climb stairs when necessary
- Frequently lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly
- Ability to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.