Spec, Health Screener
About the Job
Go the extra mile. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
In Patient Services you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Patient Service roles are tremendously important – it is a patient-focused role where it is essential to remember that there is a life and person behind every test tube. Your skills are critical, as is your ability to work with the patients. The role is varied and offers a developing career in Phlebotomy due to the scale and reach of Quest. You can grow and improve your skills in a fast-moving, supportive team environment. Most importantly, you can help us make a real difference.
The primary responsibility of the Health Screener is to provide coverage in the field ensuring that health screenings are completed accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional environment for clients and employees; perform with confidence all aspects of a health screening, including specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform biometric screening at client sites including finger stick blood collection, BMI, Blood Pressure and other health screening services based on service package
• Performs basic waived testing technical procedures on blood samples and completes required quality control.
• Provide exceptional customer service at all health screenings.
• Maintains accurate, complete, and legible records.
• Participates in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary.
• Complies with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents.
• Understands and complies with applicable federal, state and local laws. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practices.
• Maintain all HIPAA and OSHA standards while on events.
• Performs other related duties as necessary.
Supervision Exercised: N/A
• High School diploma/GED and/or medical license (Phlebotomy Certificate, Medical Assistant License, C.N.A, etc.).
• Formal medical education including current appropriate medical certification.
• Additional medical certification / licensure as required by state / regulatory requirements.
Work Experience: At least 1 year of healthcare experience in a professional health care setting preferred.
• Proficient with finger stick blood collection methods and manual blood pressure.
• Ability to understand and perform complex procedures and techniques and work with complex instrumentation (Cholestech and/ or Cardio Check experience preferred).
• Skills required for proper specimen and reagent handling, labeling, processing, preparation, transportation and storage necessary.
• Must be knowledgeable of required regulations and comply with them.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service internally and externally.
• Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, understand and follow detailed procedures.
• Basic computer skills necessary including access to internet / email.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Pleasant and friendly, yet professional personality.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Physical & Mental Requirements
• Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 40 pounds may be lifted and carried occasionally. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
• Requires use of phone and PC.
• Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
• Handling stress & emotions,
• Concentrating on tasks
• Making decisions,
• Adjusting to change,
• Examining/observing details
• Sitting or standing for long periods at a time
• Position requires travel.