Sr Manager, Social Marketing
About the Job
· Manage and build Spartan social media accounts to increase the reach and relevance of the brand's voice in those communities by creating entertaining and viral content, collaborating with key influencers, activating at events, developing campaigns, and other related initiatives.
· Develop, manage, and execute key brand social campaigns that drive towards business goals
· Ability to manage social media calendars for multiple accounts and networks while reaching KPI targets
· Work closely with a network of content creators, ambassadors, influencers, and external resources to support the brand's social strategy
· Keep up with relevant and trending topics within the industry and leverage across Spartan social media to drive engagement and increase awareness
· Ability to manage a team and work closely together on strategy and execution
· Oversee day-to-day community moderation across social and drive conversation with a consistent brand tone and voice
· Take on one-off marketing and growth hacking projects
· Identify new internet trends and opportunities to spark viral conversation and potential content creation and partnerships
· Work cross-functionally with teams across the business to align social media strategy and output
· 5+ years experience in managing social media accounts including content/audience development and brand growth in the sport, health, fitness, fashion or entertainment industry
· Proficient in media (platforms and channels on and offline, market and industry trends), social (organic and paid content), experiential, advertising & content (channel creative strategy, production of various formats, best practice), measurement (analytics and benchmarks), and community/passion-point based marketing
· Skilled at photography, videography, graphic design, video editing, storytelling, and copywriting.
· Working knowledge of social media apps for creating and editing content
· A network of connections in the entertainment, tech, internet, and other relevant industries necessary to facilitate brand growth and development
· Understanding of the landscape and development of trends in the new media and entertainment business
· Strong communication skills and attention to detail is a must- with proven project management skills to get things done
· Creative mindset with the ability to solve tough problems and handle pressure to meet deadlines
· Passionate for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written
· Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as these are busy periods for the company
· Traveling to events is required *domestic and international
Qualities required of all Spartan team members:
· Spartan Race is a high-performance organization, and successful team members must therefore possess a strong work ethic and hands-on approach to business. We are innovative, create inventive solutions, and are exceptionally service-minded. Team members at Spartan change lives, and have a passion for the organization. Paramount to our organization is the maturity to embrace ambiguity and ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation of the organization.
· Ability to hold one-self accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
· Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships
· Proactive, solutions-oriented; capability to identify efficiencies and decrease costs while maintaining a quality workplace environment and product
· Collegial approach to a business environment and cooperative work style
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to install computer equipment
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
· Light to moderate lifting is required
· Regular, predictable attendance is required; including quarter-driven hours as business demands dictate.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment with-out attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.