Sr Mgr, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Emplo
About the Job
Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Employee Experience Partner
San Mateo, CA
About the role:
The Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DE&I) Employee Experience Partner will partner closely with our key Diversity, Equity & Inclusion partners - People Leaders, HR/Centers of Excellence (COEs), internal partners and our Employee Network (eNet) leaders to amplify the voices, stories, and the personal experiences of our employees to showcase standard methodologies that are making Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) a great place to work and play for ALL! The DE&I Employee Experience Partner will be responsible for the global strategy and governance of our eNet and Inclusion programs. In addition, the DE&I Employee Experience Partner will be responsible for developing and executing the DE&I and eNet communications strategy to keep our leaders and employees informed and engaged around SIE's diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies, goals, and programming. The DE&I Employee Experience Partner will report to the Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I).
The ideal candidate is a strategic problem-solver who excels at collaborating cross-functionally, has both a DE&I, Employee Resource Group (ERG), and/or Communications program management background, ability to build and execute on strategy at a global scale and deliver high-quality work in a dynamic tech environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and execute a strategy to scale our eNet programs for SIE across the globe growing their impact from Employee Resource Groups to global strategic Business Resource Groups.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the global governance operating model and ensuring the eNet program effectively functions to meet the needs of our global community using eNet data and analytics to measure results and impact.
- Coach our global eNet leaders to help them grow in their capacity in a leadership role.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with our global eNet Leaders to align on key cultural moments, gather valuable input on regional and global initiatives and maintain a global view of planned activities to ensure consistency and coordination.
- Develop eNet communication strategies, secure alignment among community and leadership partners, and write and copy edit communications as needed.
- Lead strategic, integrated communications plans for the DE&I team for large-scale, global DE&I initiatives including but not limited to things such as an annual SIE Diversity Report, Diversity Week, diversity-related recognitions, partnership events, key cultural moments and heritage month celebrations, learning events, program updates, and more.
- Influence our global diversity, equity and inclusion story-telling and presence on SIE.com blog and internal communications working in partnership with our Corporate Communications and HR Communications partners.
- Developing internal communications strategies for the DE&I team to the rest of SIE as well for the various eNets to ensure SIE knows about our biggest moments and achievements.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and moderate org-wide events and forums that educate and create community around inclusion.
Essential skills and capabilities:
- Establishes operational objectives and manages the activities with multiple sub-departments with complex responsibilities; responsible for day-to-day implementation.
- Makes recommendations on technical, administrative or operational matters and ensures achievement of objectives. Measures progress on objectives and course-correct as needed.
- Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods and staffing. Provides input into planning, budgeting and expense priorities. Manages within budget.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of organizational knowledge of department and/or functions.
- Works to empower and develop successful role models for the organization.
- Works on sophisticated issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the department or the functional area.
- Provides input and helps drive functional roadmaps with multiple programs and partners.
- Leads team(s) through intricate situations and understands how to engage key partners for relevant decision-making/outcomes.
Decision making risk
- Operational decisions executed ineffectively would have a high degree of impact to their team, resulting in delays or interruption to the achievement of key organizational goals/results.
External impact / influence
- Interacts with external partners and vendors; often participates in negotiations of key initiatives/programs.
- Builds network outside of the organization through external organizations and/or with individuals in the industry.
- Developing a role as a culture brand ambassador for SIE; helps develop the identity of the organization both internally and externally.
Internal span of control / span of influence
- Helps shape strategic landscape of the company.
- Engages with senior leaders inside and outside of their functional area.
- Expands breadth of influence across the function.
- Demonstrates a level of influence to the department which results in increased authority
- Proactively shares information across all levels of the business elevating team understanding and growing leadership awareness.
- Adjusts behavior to certain situations to maintain harmony by listening and understanding concerns.
- Fosters a healthy work environment. Displays sensitivity and awareness of how actions impact the team environment. Solicits 360 degree feedback.
- Celebrates obstacles, wins and completions to encourage and empower colleagues.
- Displays advocacy and creates an environment where all voices are welcome, mentors others. Understand what motivates teammates and internal partners.
- Focus on leading project teams and takes ownership for major successes and failures.
Qualifications / experience:
- 8+ years of experience in a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion based role focused on building Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and/or Inclusion programs, preferably at a high-growth, technology company
- Experience managing complex global internal and external communication programs in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Deep experience successfully scaling internal communications, producing critical communications that tell the stories of underrepresented communities across multiple mediums, and writing and copy-editing communications for leaders and employees alike.
- Proven track record of building and executing an ERG operating model on a global level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERG trends and growth (critical programming and activities that promote the organization's brand).
- Deep understanding of inclusive language and standard methodologies with experience writing on behalf of underrepresented communities.
- Experience planning multi-channel communication campaigns including the ability to write program and project briefs, crafting comms timelines and breakthroughs, and bringing partners along with timely updates
- Responsible for managing all ERGs, ERG data and analytics, and desired outcomes of ERG programming.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and simultaneous deliverables across multiple project teams, tracking and sharing progress; leading review cycles, driving toward approvals, documenting results, and deep understanding of communication and engagement success metrics.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.