About the Job
Motion Editor - Visual Arts
This is a long-term contracted position through our staffing partner Yoh Services with a high likelihood of extension.
This position can be remote for anyone who is currently in the United States.
The Visual Arts Group, a passionate team within the PlayStation family, provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation Studios. Always at the cutting edge of technology, Visual Arts works with studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Japan Studios, and more first-party teams. Our team is made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world, working with some of the best minds and companies around.
Our Animation team is currently working on one of many upcoming PS5 titles and are looking for talented, highly motivated and creative motion editors to join our team!
- You will work within the aesthetics, toolset, and workflow for Motion Capture production to create in-game and pre-rendered animation according to the direction of the client and project.
- You will communicate effectively with supervisors, management, production staff and peers on a daily basis.
- Understand and interpret feedback on all work from supervisors and clients alike.
- Assemble animation scenes and editing motion capture data onto characters, props, and vehicles for integration into in-game engines and/or cinematic sequences.
- Expertise in Motion Builder
- Personable as you will work closely with multiple departments, including but not limited to members of Motion Capture, Rigging, Animation, Art, and Production teams.
- Ability to share work for feedback, and offer productive opinions while evaluating the work of others.
- Be open and available to creating a strong rapport with leads, supervisors, and technical artists to maintain and enhance data quality.
- Keen understanding of animation production pipelines for character animation, motion capture animation, and technical animation.
- Be flexible to changes in direction, yet work within defined procedures.
- Strong aesthetics of character animation and movement.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Understanding of Maya
- Strong pre-production skills including, but not limited to, animatics, camera layout, and previs.