Jr Service Reliability Engineer
About the Job
Junior Service Reliability Engineer
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Do you want to use transformative technologies to achieve greater scalability and efficiencies? Do you want a career that combines your engineering skills and your passion for video gaming? Are you fascinated by technologies behind the Internet and cloud computing? If so, join us!
Sony Interactive Entertainment's Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure Division is owning the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from consoles and laptops, to mobile devices and beyond. Our SREs focus on three main things: overall ownership of production, production code quality, and deployments. The successful candidate will be self-directed and able to participate in the way we make decisions at different levels.
We expect our SREs to have opinions on the state of our service, and provide critical feedback during different phases of the operational lifecycle. We are engaged throughout the S/W development lifecycle, ensuring the operational readiness and stability.
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Software Development and/or Linux Systems Administration role.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Available to be scheduled in on-call rotation.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient as a Linux Production Systems Engineer, with experience managing large scale Web Services infrastructure.
- Development experience in one or more of the following programming languages:
- Python (preferred)
- Bash, Go, Java, C++, or Rust
- In addition, experience with:
- Distributed data storage at scale (Hadoop, Ceph)
- NoSQL at scale (MongoDB clusters, sharded Redis, Cassandra)
- Data Aggregation technologies. (ElasticSearch, Kafka)
- Scaling and running traditional RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL) with High Availability
- Supervising & Alerting (Prometheus, Grafana), and Incident Management toolsets
- Virtual infrastructure and/or container hosting (deployment and management) at scale
- Release Engineering (Package management and distribution at scale)
- S/W Performance analysis and load testing (QA or SDET experience: a plus)