About the Job
Today is the day! Check out this posting for a Level Designer focusing with insomniac Games. Our Designers develop designs for layout, content, combat and systems for an assigned project, and implements these designs in game. This includes taking designs through pitch, concept, implementation, bug fixing, balance, and polish phases. Sound interesting? Read on...
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Create clear and concise, visually oriented design materials that explain mechanics, systems, and features.
• Pitch and present designs to the team and department heads.
• Develop and communicate layout, content, or system designs through written documentation, visual design materials, and verbal presentations
• Build basic level layout using in-house proprietary tools; work with the Art team on how to evolve the design in order to meet each disciplines goals and deadlines
• Implement gameplay and game structure through the use of an in-house visual scripting tool; work with the Gameplay Programming team to deliver content that meet each disciplines goals and deadlines
• Follow up with multiple departments on progress of missions or features and updates the team as needed through various mediums.
• Address bugs and gameplay issues to assure a stable and polished product
• Help assess the progress, quality and user friendliness of the project via methods such as usability testing, focus tests and in-house play tests
• Provides constructive feedback on all aspects of the product; find opportunities to increase the quality of the product and advise on how that information may be implemented, or held for future products
• Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Intermediate knowledge and experience with level editing tools and scripting (Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar editors).
• Intermediate knowledge of Maya or other major 3D modeling program.
• Adobe Illustrator experience and UE4 Blueprint scripting skills are a plus.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Individual must have very good interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills including verbal and written skills are required.
Please submit your application and resume directly below. We look forward to reviewing your submission.