Sodexo is seeking a Technical Architect for our Food Management application landscape. Join a growing team in a critical and highly strategic business segment. Be part of a transformational experience as we meet the challenges of today’s business landscape and lay the foundation for future growth. This is a remote opportunity.
This technical expert leads the coordination and implementation of technology systems that enable the food management business processes end to end. This includes Menu planning, Inventory Management solutions, Post-production, Automated Ordering and Supply chain. This position also develops the technical strategy for a suite of applications and manages the technical relationship with external vendors. This position also works with business analysts to refine business requirements based on technical feasibility; develops prototypes; ensures that technical specifications are kept current during the development process and ensures that the estimates in the technical specification are accurate.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop & manage implementation of end-point specific systems technical architecture
- Define and manage operational excellence & SLA’s
- Define technical specifications for workflows and business rules
- Configure, build, and unit test solution components, including data structures, roles, workflows, imports/exports and user interfaces/portals
- Build and unit test data migration and integration components
- Support integration testing, system testing, and user acceptance testing
- Lead solution design, development/configuration, testing, jobs and debugging
- Review technology project estimates and solution designs for internal development and external vendors
- Execute and is responsible for overall program necessary to build out defined Convenience solutions technology platform working with internal IT teams and external partners
- Acts as communication bridge between technical IST development and business leaders in easy-to-understand language
- Ensures scope of systems is focused on meeting basic business needs initially (80/20 rule)
- Identify system roadmaps with increasing levels of integration
- Use business process engineering methodology to gain understanding of business needs and to ensure successful integration
- Lead project team members through all activities required to successfully deliver technical solutions using best practices
- Develop blueprints, evaluates technology options/tools, and identifies solution gaps
- Guide definition and roll out of data governance strategies, policies, roles, responsibilities, processes, controls, and rules
- Engage with IT and business leaders to identify key decision points
- Ensure technology architecture decisions are aligned with North American (NORAM) & Group IT Strategy
- Understand and design systems that are enterprise-class, highly reliable and scalable to match expected system usage and transaction volumes
- Analyzes industry, technology trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- BS in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Systems Architecture
- 3+ years’ experience with Integration platforms
- Strong background in Application Development and IT Infrastructure
- Strong Project Management and Technical Resource Management skills
- Exposure to Sodexo activities (Supply Mgt, Retail Systems or Food Management Systems) and technologies preferred
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we have numerous IS&T positions that support this and other initiatives with similar goals. Continue your search for IS&T jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. Our IS&T team supports 13,000 locations across North America and collaborates with the entire Sodexo Group, spanning 72 countries. Sodexo empowers its employees who have developed a thorough understanding of the organization to create their own career path
#LI-RemoteWhat We Offer:
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.Position Summary:
Technical expert leads the application architecture and development efforts for enterprise level applications. Develops technical strategy for a particular application or suite of applications. Ensures system integrity and a stable system with proper controls and systems including up to date document applications architecture and development expert. Leads the team from a technical perspective in the areas of application architecture, systems analysis and design, and software programming. Creates technical specifications and high level system architecture diagrams. Works with business analysts to refine business requirements based on technical feasibility. Develops prototypes. Ensures that technical specifications are kept current during the development process. Ensures that the estimates in the technical specification are accurate. Defines the high level software development practices and policies.Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of experience as a senior software developer, applications architect or applications systems analyst programmer including 3 years project management
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.