The Stock Worker and Receiver is responsible for receiving merchandise, unloading or unpacking it, marking it with codes to be identified, stocking shelves, and helping customers place orders. They work in stores, warehouses, stockrooms, and other storage facilities. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Receives, lifts, moves, stores, issues, counts, sorts, weighs and verifies items on requisitions or invoices.
- Receives and processes a wider variety of incoming freight, including stationery supplies, chemicals, electronic equipment, and other materials on a daily basis across perimeter buildings and according to priority.
- Compares incoming and outgoing shipments to bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records to verify information.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Fills orders, issues supplies from stock and rotates stock to ensure freshness.
- Resolves delivery problems using a computerized account payable/purchasing system.
- Maintains confidentiality of all items received and shipped.
- Assembles and delivers equipment such as glassware carts.
- Utilizes in-house inventory tracking system.
- Prepares assets for distribution, including transportation and storage.
- Returns damaged items or other items to vendors that do not meet Sodexo specifications.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of storage areas by sweeping and mopping.
- Provides security for all stock in the storeroom and/or refrigerator/freezer.
- Follows all safety requirements of Sodexo, the facility, local, state and federal jurisdictions.
- May move or transport materials or supplies to other departments using hand or industrial trucks.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP/OSHA, and/ or local policies and procedures related to all assigned work.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May fill in for “Stock worker and Receiver Sr.” in their absence.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No previous work experience necessary.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.Benefits Eligibility: Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).