The Lead - Food may work in any type of food location on client premises. This individual, under the leadership of on-site management and/or supervisors, will coordinate the activities of workers and/or service employees engaged in food operations or services at smaller, less complex facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the supervision of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to supervision duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service and problem resolution.
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the foodservice team.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Maintains key control of operations and responsible for activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are completed.
- Serves as working lead coordinating activities of workers or service employees engaged in food operations or services at smaller less complex facilities of commercial, health care facility, school, campus or other establishments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years of related work experience.
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.Benefits Eligibility: Part Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).