Ensure all customers have adequate supply of Liquid Nitrogen and Compressed Gas Cylinders. Deliver, fill (if necessary), order, and dispose of cylinders per established Standard Operating Procedures and in accordance with all Sodexo policies and procedures. Serve as the contact person between Sodexo, Client, and vendors.
- Support Scientists in GXP/NON-GXP labs:
- Pick up and deliver liquid nitrogen dewars, packaged gases, and related articles
- Fill liquid nitrogen dewars, using the bulk liquid nitrogen filling stations following procedural steps and safety rules during filling and transport
- Monitor and record levels and pressures of the bulk liquid nitrogen, bulk liquid carbon dioxide, micro-bulk liquid nitrogen, and micro-bulk liquid oxygen systems
- Take appropriate action when deficiencies are noted
- File and maintain delivery documentation
- Routinely check inventory of compressed gas cylinders and place orders for customers as needed
- Maintain housekeeping and inventory levels of liquid nitrogen bulk filling areas and packaged gas storage areas
- Follow all procedures in performing all aspects of handling pressurized and cryogenic tanks
- Communicate and coordinate maintenance and service work for equipment
- Serve as the liaison for scientists for gas-related issues
- Troubleshoot any issues and submit work orders as needed
- Participate in audits and inspections and provide input as requested
- Submit weekly metric information to management and raise concerns or issues
- Participate in rotational on call schedule
- Continuous Improvement: Seek to continuously raise standards and improve quality of performance and service. Comply with all company and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health, and safety. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the workplace. All documentation up to date and correct.
EHS, Safety, Compliance
- Adhere to Quality, Compliance, and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards.
- Report near misses and participate in Sodexo Safety programs.
- Ensure correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used at all times.
- Work effectively and professionally with customers to achieve the desired results.
- Maintain a good relationship with colleagues and management.
- Work flexibly depending on team priorities and support requirements.
- Ability to cross train in other areas, as well as train individuals in your area.
- Build valuable, long-term relationships with customers and clients.
- Maintain confidentiality of information, which must not be divulged to an unauthorized person at any time.
- Deliver a consistent, high-level of service within the company’s standards to the contract specification and agreed performance.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- High School Diploma required
- 3-5 years previous gas service experience preferred
- GXP experience preferred
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to push/pull 50 pounds
- Demonstrate appropriate use of relevant equipment; documented training, demonstrated hands on ability
- Understands current regulatory requirements for own discipline (i.e. documentation, data recording)
- Demonstrates understanding of impact of tasks being performed by research and development scientists and their work
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses
- Significant walking or other means of mobility
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull and frequently lift up to 35 pounds. Occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally, in an indoor setting, however, may participate in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule including evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment, however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.Benefits Eligibility: Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).