Oakwood Dining Services located at 7000 Adventist BLVD NW Huntsville, AL 35896 is looking for individuals to be a Grill Cook.
Individuals can start in less than two weeks! Offering Full-Time and Part-Time Schedules.
Health Benefits - Medical, Dental and Vision
Paid Time Off
Free Uniforms and Shoe Credit
Free Meal when working
Employee Incentive Program
Located on City of Huntsville Bus Route
Bonus Incentives Offering
Prepares and cook daily food options on the grill.Position Summary:
Accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, grill, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks meats and vegetables using skill in frying, grilling and sautéing.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks starches, vegetables and other side hot food items.
- Performs food preparation work for cooking, including seasoning.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe.
- Deep fries, grills and sautés meats, fish, vegetables and other foods. Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing.
- Portions food on serving plates.
- May add gravies, sauces and garnishes to servings.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexho, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Responsible for following food safety and physical safety policies at all times, while utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) when required by management.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 0 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
- Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the position.
- Focuses primarily on own area of specialty.
- Good working knowledge of food preparation.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Must be organized and a problem solver
- Some heavy lifting required
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.Benefits Eligibility: Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).