The Bartender will provide exceptional customer service, and mix and serve drinks to patrons, directly or through wait staff, quickly and without waste. Bartenders must work well with wait staff and other staff to ensure that customers receive prompt service. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Greets guests, mixes and serves alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks and creates drink recipes with appropriate garnishes.
- Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Bartenders should be friendly, tactful and attentive when dealing with customers.
- Takes beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arranges bar/cart supplies and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Maintains bar/cart area in a neat and sanitary manner.
- Cleans glasses, utensils, and bar equipment; cleans bars, work areas and tables.
- Records all sales, collects money, operates a cash/credit card/electronic payment register and follows all cash-handling procedures as required.
- May prepare and/or sell food items.
- May take inventory and review stock and requisitions.
- May stock bar with beer, wine, liquor and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins or straws.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 1 year related experience.
- Must be able to make a wide range of drink recipes and be able to mix drinks correctly.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Listen carefully to their customers’ orders, explain drink and food items, and make menu recommendations.
- Converse with customers on a variety of subjects, to create a friendly and welcoming environment at the bar.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.Benefits Eligibility: Part Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).