Join the University of Mary Washington Team!Position Summary:
The Baker prepares baked goods according to recipes and production specifications. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions to prepare items from scratch such as breads, rolls, muffins, biscuits, etc.
- Places products into correctly prepared pans.
- Regulates the drafts and temperatures of the ovens.
- Places items in ovens.
- Removes baked items from ovens and applies appropriate toppings.
- May clean and sanitize workstations and equipment.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 0 to 1 more years of related work experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Basic food handling skills.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.Benefits Eligibility: Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).