VP of Product, Consumer
About the Job
Who we're looking for:
Skillz is looking for an exceptional and experienced VP of Product to lead the consumer experience at Skillz. The right leader will know how to build a product organization, instill a culture of excellence and passion, and deliver amazing world class experiences for end users and developers.
You'll lead a team of product leaders, product managers, designers, and analysts in 3+ offices to create the future of digital competition. This will be done in collaboration with Engineering, Design, Marketing, and Program. The right leader will be able to form strong relationships with other functions and influence the entire team to execute effectively. It's critical that the VP be able to establish credibility at the executive level, have a strong product viewpoint, and be able to lead the consumer product direction of the entire company.
What you'll do:
- Help build and maintain a high performance, diverse & collaborative product culture
- Recruit, hire and mentor, motivate and promote world class product talent of all levels of experience
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all major areas, including client-focused feature development, player experiences, viewing experiences, and scalability of systems.
- You and your teams will build engaging consumer applications backed by highly resilient systems.
- Work with program management to estimate ship dates of major deliverables with a 75% or better accuracy
- Work with senior management to shape and deliver the product roadmap, and define quarterly OKRs for your department
- Manage and evolve the development and product lifecycle process and achieve ideal delivery cadences for different product suites.
- You have 10+ years of experience building and delivering user-centered, engaging experiences across a range of platforms and can demonstrate the success and impact of your efforts for both users and business.
- Including 5+ years of management experience, including experience leading large product teams of 20+ people within a cross functional organization.
- A leader who people want to follow. You build trust, inspire, and mentor your team.
- A leader who possesses deep knowledge of consumer product, highly refined visual design sensibility, and a passion for mobile.
- A great communicator (verbal, written, and visual) who has the ability to influence and build consensus both within a product team and with executive stakeholders across the company.
- BA/BS and/or MA/MS in a related field
- Experience building mobile gameplay, viewing, and discovery experiences at a platform level.
- Experience transitioning to a public company is a plus