Vice President of Talent Acquisition
About the Job
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC's Disruptor 50, one of Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
You are a competitive person who thrives on relationship building. You enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where the work you put in daily directly impacts the growth of an aggressively fast growing organization. You have previously led a 30+ person talent acquisition team and implement best practices to identify talent. You have created a program to help qualifying candidates who can add value to our already stellar team. You're organized, driven and eager to help build a world class talent acquisition department to grow Skillz to 1,000+ employees.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and continue to build a strong team of Talent Acquisition professionals
- Develop thoughtful organizational design and measurable recruitment processes to strategically staff all functional areas of the business - across all current and future Skillz locations - with top talent
- Build our culture by creating hiring processes to ensure that we are finding the right candidates to join our team
- Define and lead scalable, effective, and proactive recruiting best practices
- Collaborate closely with the Executives and Managers as a thought leader for recruiting philosophies, processes, tools and tactics aligned with the objectives of the business
- 15+ years of experience building and leading high-performing Talent Acquisition teams
- BS required, advanced degrees and/or relevant certifications a plus
- Proven track record of high volume staffing (600-1,000+ people in a year)
- At least 5 years of experience managing functional leads
- Proven success scaling growing organizations including global expansion
- Demonstrated ability to build global People strategies with consideration for talent priorities 3-5 years ahead
- Analytical mindset; you seek to understand and solve a problem and instinctively ask for data
- Tremendous emotional intelligence and judgment, enabling your success as a trusted partner for Skillz business leaders and an inspirational leader/coach to your team and Skillz candidates
- Unwavering passion and drive to make Skillz the best place to work