Sr Product Mgr, Payments & Trust
About the Job
Who we're looking for:
Our product development team sets the vision for the Skillz player experience. Skillz is a mobile social gaming platform where players compete for real prizes. We build a player experience that is visually rich with tournaments, chat, leaderboards, payments and customer support. In this role, you and the team will be designing the product roadmap and executing the creation/ideation of all major features in the player experience, impacting millions of players in the process.
The Skillz checkout and payments process sits at the core of the player experience. Players enjoy Skillz for the fast, fair, fun tournaments and meaningful stakes. Completing deposits into a players stored value account is the first step towards "Pro" competitions. This role is responsible for everything related to player deposits, withdrawals, acceptance rates, chargebacks and fraud & ensuring a flawless flow of funds through the ecosystem.
As a product manager you bridge the gap between our internal and external customers, engineering, design, and business to drive the production process towards high quality and on time feature releases. You are able to combine data and customer insights to create a successful feature. You have a detailed vision of a solution for every problem, yet you're open to and encourage a collaborative environment at all times. Product Managers manage and own key features on Skillz products.
What you'll do:
- Own the Skillz payments product suite and funnel
- Collaborate with our Trust and Safety teams to help build payments features for our cross platform mobile SDK
- Understanding of traditional and emerging payment rails and systems (e.g., Credit Cards, domestic/ACH-like payments, real-time payments etc.)
- Own fraud prevention tools, chargeback rate, acceptance/declines
- Domestic payment product experience required, International payments experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of PCI compliance required
- Create wireframes, write design specifications, and present recommendations for new features in our ever evolving platform
- Perform analysis to optimize feature performance and propose product rollout plans to deliver improvements to our web products
- Work alongside teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
- 4-8 years of experience in product management, product development, game design, management consulting, quantitative analysis, or a similar field
- 3+ years of experience specifically in mobile product management and payments
- 3+ years experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for a web, mobile, or other technology company
- Degree in math, statistics, engineering, computer science, economics or other quantitative field
- You are able to approach complex problems and convert them into simple and elegant solutions
- Deep understanding of data analysis and using testing methods to inform decisions
- Strong communication skills and comfortable liaising between technical and non-technical partners
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment.