Sr Magento Engineer
About the Job
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC's Disruptor 50, one of Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We're Looking For:
We are looking for an engineer to join our existing Web Services team. As a Magento Engineer, you'll help build our next-generation web applications for internal teams and/or external customers. We are constantly evolving our technology stack and want your contribution.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to design, plan, prototype, and implement new and exciting features
- Identify opportunities to improve the business by developing additional modules or features for Magento 2
- Development of new Magento 2 applications and Magento 2 templates.
- Develop web service integrations between Magento 2, our systems, and other third-party API's
- Participate in technology and architecture design decisions
- 5+ years experience with software development
- 4+ years of experience in Magento Development with In-depth knowledge of Magento 2 framework and API, System Architecture, Themes, Modules, Functionality, and Configuration*
- In-depth knowledge of Magento 2's code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Experience with caching and scaling techniques
- Experience with web services integrations (REST/SOAP)
- Experience with HTML/CSS, PHP, and databases
- Experience with Kubernetes
* 2+ years of experience if you are Magento certified
- Previously lead the rollout of one or more Magento 2 deployments
- First-hand experience hosting Magento 2 in Kubernetes
- First-hand experience with identifying bottlenecks and scaling deployments
- First-hand experience with self-hosted vs enterprise deployments
- First-hand experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, CloudWatch, Lambda)
- First-hand experience with end-to-end automation frameworks like Cypress and Selenium