Mgr, Employee Experience and Events
About the Job
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC's Disruptor 50, one of Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We're Looking For:
Skillz is seeking a leader that will focus on employee experience, events and programs. This person will create, organize and support holistic internal experience programming that promotes productivity and connection for our Skillzians. This role will report to the Director, Workplace and partner with team members throughout the business to champion the employee experience to match the growth of our rapidly scaling business.
What You Will Do:
- Define and develop an internal events strategy to support connection throughout the rapidly growing Skillz team
- Collaborate to develop meaningful and scalable programs to support the employee experience including but not limited to celebrations, culture connections, swag, wellness, intranet, ERG, CSR, internal surveying, best places to work and more
- Own the partnerships throughout the business to develop systems and tools to align internal messaging
- Serve as the central resource and a trusted advisor to internal stakeholders in matters related to employee experience and programs
- Develop, manage and deliver upon experience and events related expectations, OKRs and budgets
- Produce measurements to assess success of the experience and events process, programs and systems
- Trains, supervises and works alongside internal and external event staff to ensure professional and meaningful outcomes
- 6+ years of experience in a similar strategic culture, internal communications and/or events role
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven success in delivering and managing professional events on time and on budget
- Thrives in a fast paced environment without sacrificing excellence
- Strong problem solver, critical thinker and obsessive planner
- Relationship driven
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization with analyses rooted in data
- Creative approach, just because something is done one way in the industry doesn't make it the right approach for Skillz
- Collaborative, doesn't make decisions in a vacuum
- Passionate and enthusiastic