Director of Enterprise Systems
About the Job
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC's Disruptor 50, one of Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We're Looking For:
This role requires an experienced leader in technology strategy and operations. The ideal candidate has a strong track record in building teams within Business Technology or IT Operations to run cross-functional initiatives covering integrations, automations and business systems controls and/or administration. You will be bridging business requirements with IT Solutions. We are looking for someone skilled at managing and motivating teams across departments to deliver results. If you have strong hands-on experience in technology and are a clear and persuasive communicator, this role is for you.
What You Will Do:
- Develop a plan to build a roadmap and organization for Enterprise Systems Implementations and Integrations, Systems Controls and SOX Compliance, IT Help Desk, and the company IT Network.
- Project manage teams from across the company to collaborate on delivering to IT Controls and SOX Compliance policies.
- Build and implement a process for reviewing and approving procurement and/or renewal of Business Enterprise Systems, partnering with the Product/Development and Procurement organizations.
- Document and identify Business Systems in use and planned for 2021. Identify opportunities for integration and/or automation of those systems.
- Develop a team with capabilities to be system administrators where needed.
- Create a system to collect feedback, analyze data and provide ongoing improvements to deliver Stakeholder Satisfaction with IT programs and Business Systems/Tools to demonstrate value to the business
- 10+ years experience in IT or Strategy Consulting (Business Technology focus), Corporate IT, or Business Operations for a mid- to large-sized, fast-paced (50%+ growth/year) technology-intensive company.
- 5+ years managing a Corporate-wide IT or Enterprise Systems/Tools department for technology/software companies.
- Experience with due diligence and integrating systems post-M&A activity is a plus.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field. MBA preferred but not required.