Customer Success Manager
About the Job
We are true believers in electronic sports, so don't be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Super Mario Kart to Codenames over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a "gamer"? Don't worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don't involve games. We're working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a "do whatever it takes" mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person's voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding and building successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to meet you.
Who we're looking for:
This position is a critical customer facing role with responsibility for revenue growth development and retention for Skillz's largest and most important gaming publishers/developers/studios. We're seeking a passionate Customer Success Manager with extensive, high-touch client management skills to become part of the developer success team within our large account portfolio. The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for onboarding new strategic studios to the Skillz platform. CSM will focus on the use and adoption of our full suite of platform technologies and allied solutions, as they become available, and be the primary point-of-contact and trusted advisor to our clients over the long-term.
- Onboard new studios to the Skillz platform.
- Become a trusted advisor with clients by deeply understanding their business and aligning their needs to our solutions.
- Develop and execute account plans and strategies that support key business metrics including client retention, revenue growth and profitability.
- Provide expertise on our SDK, roadmap of technology and streaming offerings, assist on upgrade planning and advise on key features and functionality allowing the customer to execute their strategies for growth with us
- As governed by the account planning process, serve as customer advocate internally, while effectively collaborating with internal, cross-functional teams including product management, customer support, engineering, sales operations and finance
- Lead ongoing strategic customer meetings to communicate and drive best practices, customer success and business results; facilitate quarterly business reviews & executive meetings
- Provide regular analysis of customer performance metrics to deliver consultative internal business reviews which result in strategic recommendations, best practices and process improvements to ensure they derive maximum value from their investment i.e.ROI
- 3+ years SaaS/High Tech industry experience successfully managing and expanding Strategic Client Relationships
- Strong strategic consultative selling and customer relationship management experience focusing on Enterprise B2B and B2B2C customer segment
- Significant experience in engaging and facilitating dialogue with C-level and senior executives in SMB organizations
- Success in working in a "fast paced" environment leveraging using tools like Salesforce.com and formal sales methodologies like Miller Heiman/SPIN
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) that are leveraged to address complex business issues and opportunities
- Experience based "Issue Resolution" skills that facilitate dialogue across all levels of a business including the C-suite
- Strong individual contributor who desires results based performance
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree required