Sr Network Engineer
About the Job
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The SR. Network Engineer (NE) will report to the Manager of Network and Telecom. The role of the Network Engineer is to support the design, implementation and operations of Wide Area Networks (WAN), Local Area Networks (LAN), Wireless Networks and the implementation and administration of firewalls and firewall policies.
- Assist in the design and implementation of wide area networks including DWDM, network switches, network routers at data centers and remote office locations
- Install and configure necessary network monitoring and management systems
- Maintains documentation regarding network configurations, operating procedures and service records relating to hardware and software
- Assist with network design and implementation of firewalls and applies firewall policies and rule sets to multiple systems with impeccable documentation
- Implements and managed Cisco and Aruba Wireless Access Points
- Perform regular network and firewall monitoring to identify potential intrusions or high utilizations
- Manage tasks and projects in ServiceNow
- Participate in after business hour support and incident, response escalations
- Work with colleagues to meet team goals and improve and automate processes and practices
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Manager of Network and Telecom
Core Skills / Requirements
- Palo Alto (mandatory requirement)
- Cisco Networking
- Aruba Networking
- Amazon Web Services
- Fortinet knowledge is preferred
- Knowledge of Cisco Phone systems is a plus
- Experience administering firewall policies on multiple platforms: Palo Alto, Cisco, Fortinet
- Knowledge and experience configuring and operating Cisco switches and routers.
- Experience with configuration, installation, troubleshooting, and supporting network equipment, wireless access points, firewall policies across different platforms
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent documentation skills using Microsoft Office, Visio, or LucidChart
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in providing technical mentorship to team members
- Ability to work early mornings and/or late nights to execute critical network changes
- Ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies and products, independently using documentation and online resources
- Works well in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines for deliverables
Education / Experience :
- Associates degree in information systems, computer science or equivalent work experience with associated certifications.
- 6+ years of experience in routed networks, operations and firewall rule administration
- Advanced industry certifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for thejobposition, to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.