District Sales Manager
About the Job
Careers at SKECHERS.
Join our global family of innovatorswho makean incredibleimpact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world! Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
The Skechers Retail Team obsessively drives outstanding sales gains, fueling growth and expansion for the Skechers brand worldwide! TheDistrict Sales Manageris a stores' expert who passionately leads and develops a talented team of store managers to deliver exceptional store results. This energetic leader is talent, product and sales focused and has the positivity, resilience and grit to solve anything, even on the tough days.
- Entrepreneur: Drives their district to meet and exceed sales and metrics goals and guides their team in addressing and correcting store performance challenges. Ensures their team is proactively building their sales and conversion by localizing and tailoring their assortment and merchandising to their customers' wants and needs. Maximizes profitability and a healthy balance sheet by keeping costs and loss in line with goals.
- Expert: Leverages their deep wealth of retail knowledge and their internal partners to solve problems and remove obstacles for their team, regardless of operational challenges or circumstances beyond their control. Brilliantly shifts gears to respond to sudden changes or demands from corporate HQ and teaches their team how to pivot effectively, staying flexible to the ever evolving retail landscape. Drives compliance with policy and procedure and ensures their team applies those policies consistently. Proactively informs their Regional Sales Manager, retail operations and senior retail leadership if realities in stores, including wins, opportunities and obstacles.
- People Champion: Always insists on recruiting and hiring top talent and consistently enagages their network for referrals. Develops, coaches and mentors their Store Managers and Store Teams to meet their full potential and run successful stores. Focuses on succession planning and ensures constructive and clear performance coaching to help our team meet challenges and improve as needed.
- Merchant: Translates and trains their team on the company's strategic objectives within product, in-store marketing, community events, shopping experience, etc. Ensures their stores are a delight to shop and that conversion and customer experience are top-notch.
Retail Leadership is in your blood! You have 5+ years of multi-store leadership experience at the District Manager level and have a proven track record at exceeding sales and metrics targets. Equally adept at sales, people, product and operations, you've trained and developed countless retail staff and store managers to their own accolades and career growth. You understand the fast-moving world of retail, executing flawlessly while staying adaptable and flexible to the unexpected and unforeseen. You're known for transparent, open communication and enthusiastic leadership. You're a retail systems veteran with strong technological savvy and learn new retail systems and applications rapidly. Finally, your grit and resilience are well-honed and you're happy to be a road warrior, traveling up to 100% by car, air or rail as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree preferred, though not required.
- 5+ years of experience in multi-unit retail leadership; prior District Level experience strongly preferred. Deepexpertise in retail sales, product merchandising, store operations and talent development.
- Strong, demonstrable expertise in retail systems, technology and applications.