Tool Crib Assistant II
About the Job
Are you skilled with hand and power tools and have a desire to join a team of talented mechanics and elevate your career? We have the opportunity for you!
As a Tool Crib Assistant II, you will receive, store, and issue our tools, machine tool fixtures, dies, and measuring devices. You'll be responsible for cleaning, oiling, and performing minor repairs on our tools and equipment and tracking surplus or obsolete equipment. You'll ensure our tools and equipment are fully functional and kept in safe working condition to keep the continuity of work operations intact.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and typically 2 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Basic understanding of the use, maintenance, and repair of a variety of hand/power tools and tooling equipment
- Ability to meet current DoD and Combatant Command pandemic restriction requirements for deployed locations
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours, holidays and shift schedules as required
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Experience with TCMax Asset Management Suite
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense or US Military
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.