Test Engineer II
About the Job
Do you have an eye for detail and enjoy working with amazing products and tools? Join us in championing and protecting explorers and heroes! As a Test Engineer at SNC, you will be using your skills and expertise to simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll develop complex test plans and procedures for a variety of systems to ensure the verification and validation of all product requirements. You will also be involved with the execution of the tests using top industry tools. As a cross functional engineer, you'll test system and component level new products and develop new test processes throughout the product lifecycle.
The Space Systems business area, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin and Durham, North Carolina, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering or other related discipline and typically 3 or more years of experience
- Conceptual knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Familiarity working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Knowledge of requirements management, system design, and systems integration
- Exposure to planning, conducting and documenting Verification and Validation (V&V) activities
- Experience with various testing equipment, standards, and methodologies to include manual and automated testing
- Ability to prepare complex and professional test plans, test procedures, and test reports in order to demonstrate compliance to system requirements
- Familiarity with Product and Quality Assurance principles and experienced in generation and disposition of product non-conformances
- Experience performing certification testing for various certification organizations (i.e. FAA, NASA, DoD)
- Ability to read schematics, use service manuals, follow test procedures, and use logical trouble shooting techniques
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNCEstimated Starting Salary Range: $76,956.28 - $105,814.89
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.