Tech Writer II
About the Job
Are you passionate about creating clear documentation for highly complex systems? We may have the Tech Writer position you've been seeking! As a Tech Writer, you will be using your skills and expertise to work with subject matter experts, to obtain an in-depth comprehension of a variety of systems necessary to meet the documentation specifications for our programs and proposals. These cover a very wide range, from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll develop our operations/maintenance manuals, supplements, and related documentation utilizing engineering drawings, block diagrams, wiring diagrams, schematics, and CAD models. You'll host recurring internal and external documentation review conferences to solicit feedback from various teams for incorporation into future revisions.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and 3 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Knowledge of technical writing principles, practices, and standards
- Understanding of desktop publishing tools
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Ability to plan and participate in Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) preparation, technical documentation, test plans, procedures, and technical or operations manuals
- Experience preparing documentation with minimal input (written or verbal) from subject matter experts, such as design engineers and program managers, to prepare initial drafts and templates
- Familiarity working with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of product and documentation requirements. Verify content meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Prior experience creating and maintaining documentation templates, layout guides, and graphics resources
- Understanding of internal technical reference documentation, including data libraries, training material, process/procedure guides
- Knowledge of techniques for reviewing, editing, and formatting business proposals, product management documents, RFP responses, marketing communications, and other organizational documents as requested
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry or DoD
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNCEstimated Starting Salary Range: $66,918.50 - $92,012.94
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.