Systems Security Engineer II
About the Job
We are seeking a Systems Security Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Systems Security, Network Engineering, Information Technology, or a related Engineering field and at least 3 years of related experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Systems Security Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to design, test, and implement our secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, and tuning. You'll be responsible for the management of our IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions, conducting risk and vulnerability assessments, and developing and implementing security controls. You'll research, evaluate, and recommend new security tools, techniques, and technologies in alignment with our IT security strategy and introduce them to the enterprise.
At SNC’s Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) team we are an agile, high-caliber contractor that engineers, builds, integrates, modifies and supports turnkey air- and ground-based Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) products and services. Our years of experience supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers have established us as the systems integrator of choice. We take great pride in the customer mission we support. Learn more about IMS
- Requires a BS in related field *Relevant work experience as a ISSO, Network Analyst/Administrator/Engineer, Systems Analyst/Administrator/Engineer, IT Analyst/Administrator, Software Engineer etc… may substitute for required education.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process.
- Prepare systems for Assessment and Authorization (A&A) in accordance with established NIST Guidelines
- Manage / schedule mandatory Information System (IS) patching, updating, and scanning based on vulnerabilities and threats or regulatory compliance; maintain the day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring for all systems
- Develop and maintain documentation: RMF Accreditation Plan , Plan of Action & Milestone (POA&MS), etc.
- DoD 8570/8140 complaint: CISSP, CAP, CASP, ISSEP and/or other equivalent certification (desired) *Required within 6 months of hire. Cisco, Microsoft, Linux technical certifications a plus
- Experience in supporting Information Technology (IT) within a classified environment
Knowledge of technical standards relating to systems security
Experience working with security control assessment tools such as ACAS / Tenable Nessus, SCAP Compliance Checker, and Microfocus Fortify.
- Strong understanding of DoD applicable Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), NIST special publications, and NSA Guides.
- Understanding of US Government Cybersecurity policies
- Ability to balance cybersecurity requirements with SNC’s mission, goals, and culture
- Strong communication skills, strong critical thinking and problem solving skills; self-motivated with ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects; ability to work with people in a team environment and deal effectively with changing project priorities
- Ability to manage time, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems and provide focused solutions
- High degree of attention to detail
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.