Systems Engineer III (Contract)
About the Job
Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporation—advocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team! As a Systems Safety & Reliability Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to research, architect, model, simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. You'll be developing complex system architectures within contextual modeling platforms, ushering them from operational concept through preliminary and detailed design, simulation, and test using progressive tools. As a cross-functional engineer, you are in charge of system-level ownership of new system safety or reliability products and processes through the product lifecycle.
At SNC’s Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
- Bachelor's of Science degree in System Engineering or related discipline and typically 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Knowledge of requirements management, functional requirements parsing, derivation, and allocation; systems design, systems integration, technical risk identification and management strategies, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
- Experience in developing Failure Modes and Effects Analysis as well as Reliability Analysis products
- Experience in or knowledge of System Safety Engineering analysis and products, including but not limited to fault tree analysis, hazard analysis, computer based control system (CBCS) analysis, must work and must not work function analysis, etc.
- Experience with software/hardware integration, including avionics and electrical distribution systems
- Top level understanding of Guidance Navigation, and Control hardware and software for space applications.
- Experience with fault tree analysis tools such as CAFTA or SAPHIRE
Experience with requirements management and system modelling tools, such as DOORS, Rhapsody, NoMagic, MATLAB
Practical knowledge of industry standard mechanical design principles, to include, but not limited to requirements management, Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
Ability to administer baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of high impact trade studies and other measures
Exposure to establishing and tracking key Technical Performance Measurements (TPM)
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.